Friday, December 30, 2011

A Different View - One Burnt Light


On Christmas Eve, my wife and I were reflecting on the year that was nearly ending whilst dining at a restaurant. I started to complain about something that didn’t happen the way I wanted it to.

My wife focused her attention in a Christmas tree that embellished the place. I thought that she wasn’t interested in the conversation, so I changed the subject: “This tree has a beautiful illumination”, I said.

“Yes, but if you look carefully you can see one burnt light among dozens. ”

It seems to me that instead of thinking this year as dozens of enlightened blessings, you chose to look at the one light that did not glow.”


- Author of this story is Paulo Coelho in his blog:  Original Post Link
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...