Monday, October 10, 2011

memories with king of gazals - Jagjit Singh


Jagjit Singh, one of the few people who made efforts to popularize Gazals with the common man, passed away today.  I too just like most of the other individuals, feel it as a personal loss, not only because we will miss his voice in new gazals, but more because, I grew up listening his songs & gazals.  Some of them became life saver specially during the sad times of life (everyone will surely agree to this).

There are many many songs which will make us remember Jagjit Singh till eternity, but I of those many is my personal favorite, a song I don't remember how many time I have listened and sung along Jagjit Singh.   This comes from his album SOZ, a combination of two maestro, Jagjit Singh & Javed Akhtar.  The lyrics goes as 'Tammana Phir Machal Jaye...


A humble tribute to a man who contributed, unknowingly, what I am today, may God Bless His Soul.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...