Thursday, December 8, 2011

Curiosity of Bus Conductor for Knowledge...

 
I generally go to office in my two-wheeler but nowadays, for some reason I take a bus.  Most of the buses from my place are never empty but today, I was lucky to fine one good place to sit.  I was sitting at my place & as usual reading book I carry along with me, this time it was 'Connect the Dot' by Rashmi Bansal.

Few minutes after, I was surprised to see conductor coming to me and asking me to lift the book so that he can read the cover page of the book, probably interested in the title of the book.  Quite surprising, as in Bangalore I have not come across conductors who prefer English as language, they more resort to Kannada, local language of Karnataka. 

What was going to happen next was the thing which was going to take me to next step of my surprise and probably an important incident to motivate this post.

Conductor gave me a chit and a pen and humbly (they are not so often, this guy was surely different) asked me to write down the name of the book.  Surprised and happy to it, I wrote on chit and gave it to him.  Story doesn't end here... I observe him putting the chit into his personal pocket, giving me a feeling, he is going to get the book or read it somehow.

The passion of this guy to know and gain knowledge, reinstated my belief in phrase 'expect the unexpected', for whatever he is going to do with the chit or the book, he is more curious to going knowledge, which is very important. This guy will very well go down in my memory because this are those little pearls which is generally neglected in one's life.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...